Outdoor security lighting is one of the best ways you can prevent a burglar from targeting your home. The following tips will help you make an informed decision when planning your outdoor security lighting. For under $100, homeowners can easily install a few outdoor security lights around an average sized home. Additionally, a well planned and installed security lighting system can enhance the exterior of your home.
The Brighter, the Better?
The brighter the light, the better the light is a big misconception when it comes to outdoor security lighting. A brighter light does not always deter a burglar better than a weaker light. Bright lights often create shadows where burglars can hide. Decorative porch lighting or landscape lighting is usually enough to deter burglars.
Where to Install Security Lighting
The most important places to install security lights are:
* At all first floor entrances
* Near windows, door-walls and garage entrances
For added security, have the light shine directly on the keyhole and door handle.
Type of Bulbs
Outdoor security lighting is one of the most efficient types of lighting as it often incorporates energy saving light bulbs such as LED, halogen or CFL bulbs.
* Add heat or motion-sensing features to your security lights. It's energy-efficient and will also cause uninvited guests to quickly run away when a light is suddenly shone on them. Motion detection flood lights are ideal as anyone walking within a 20 foot parameter will likely trigger these lights.
* Make sure the lights are placed high and are as vandal resistant as possible.
* Trim bushes and shrubbery to make it less inviting for burglars. Out of control bushes and shrubbery is a great place for a burglar to hide.
* Light up your house numbers, which will not only add security but a decorative appeal. It will also help guest locate your home easier than without the lighting.
* Install driveway lights. They are decorative and functional. The more lighting, the better. A well lit house will deter burglars.
Consider the following types of outdoor security lighting:
* Patio lighting
* Solar deck lighting
* Porch step lighting
* Walkway lighting
* Tree lighting
Always stay on the safe side and don't attempt electrical installation on our own. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, you still may not be skilled enough to understand the complexities of electricity and outdoor lighting installations. It's always better to be safe than sorry- hire a skilled electrician to install your security lights.
Leimove saves time and increases productivity because it's one of the most complete sources of business and contact information. Zhongshan Leimove Lighting and Electrical Co.,Ltd. provides which will help you smart led lighting solutions in a durable and reliable way. To learn more, go to Leimove Lighting. led light solution provider at Leimove Lighting offers a wide variety of in many options. quality is absolutely ensured if you choose us. welcome to visit our factory.